A highly reliable solution for large format metal printing, The Velo3D Sapphire is designed by Velo3D, a 3D printer manufacturer from the USA Velo3D. Using this metal additive manufacturing system, users can carry short volume production at a faster rate. Compatible with nickel-based alloys available in powder form, users can print parts with up to 1-meter height.
Velo3D Sapphire is equipped with dual 1kW lasers and is based on powder bed fusion technology. It offers a maximum build volume of 315 x 315 x 1000 mm with a minimum layer thickness of 0.25 mm. This industrial 3D printer is capable of producing highly precise parts right out of the machine. Also, the parts do not need a support structure for completion.
In short, the Sapphire boasts its Intelligent Fusion along with its proprietary 3D printing technology to enable printing of complex geometries as well as overhangs with ease.
- Creates highly precise parts with a minimum layer thickness of 0.25 mm.
- Equipped with dual 1KW laser.
- 3D print parts with 1 m height.
Specification: Velo3D Sapphire
- Eccentric design innovation.
- A full-stack solution involving powder handling and inert powder unpacking.
- One-click calibration.
- In-situ metrology sensors for minute control.
- Higher throughput with dual laser sources.
- Lesser risk of part collisions.
- Available in two different configurations.
- Sapphire is a very complicated system and it takes time to understand it and gain complete control.
- Printing with Sapphire is a costly affair. It demands huge one time investment and regular high cost maintenance.