Digital Light Processing is a type of vat polymerization technique. All the printers that you find in the list below use light as a source to solidify the polymer resin.
DLP 3D printers use a direct projector screen because of which the resolution of the print that they offer is generated by the resolution of their light.
In this article, we have figured out the list of best DLP printers in three categories i.e. under $1000, under $5000, and $10,000. Because of DLP is an advanced technology, the printers based on this technology cost higher than the other technologies.
And, hence it is rare to find a DLP printer under $500. However, you are lucky as the first part of our article does contain mentioning two printers that fall under the price range of $500. So let’s take a look at the recommendations.
DLP 3D printers under $1000
DLP printers are known to produce intricate designs with utmost accuracy because of which you may not encounter more DLP 3D printers in this range. However, we have brought to you the three best 3D DLP printers under $1000 and these are they…
Weighing 6.6 kg, the printer is, since its invention, considered to be a game-changer in the field of additive manufacturing. Speaking about DLP technology in general, this is the cheapest it can get.
The printer is available in two colors i.e. blue and orange. Anycubic photon produces materials having a build volume of 115 mm * 65 mm * 155mm.
- The printer is extremely affordable compared to other printers.
- Anycubic Photon is easy to set up and operate.
- It produces high-quality prints within the resolution range of 25 to 100 microns.
- This DLP 3D printer has a compact and efficient size.
- The guide with this printer comes with adequate instructions for its assembly.
- Sizes of only a small build volume can be produced using this printer.
- Using this 3D printer to produce resin 3D printing can get a little complicated.
- Cleaning this printer again for its re-use is time-consuming.
- Users of this printer need to be safeguard while dealing with hazardous material because there are more risks.
Wanhao Duplicator 7
If not as cheap as Anycubic, Wanhao Duplicator is also amongst those DLP printers which are priced under $500.
So Anycubic Photon was not the only one that stirred the additive manufacturing market by its efficient offering at a cheap price. This 3D printer has a build volume of 120mm * 68mm * 180 mm and produces a layer resolution of 35 microns.
The manufacturers have also provided options for connecting to this printer through a USB slot. For completing the assembly of this 3D printer, all you need to do is, mount the build plate and add the resin.
And if you use open-source software, you don’t need to buy anything except the replacement resin tank.
- One can produce intricate designs with high accuracy by using this printer.
- Unlike SLA 3D printers, this one uses a laser beam to harden the resin.
- You do not need to melt the plastic filament in a heated nozzle.
- Post-processing of this DLP 3D printer is very time-consuming.
- You need ethanol for washing the prints away from the parts where they are stuck.
- There is a very stinky smell that comes while washing of parts every time after the printer is used for printing.
This DLP 3D printer has a sturdy and high-quality construction. Micro make L2’s interface is intuitive, something that every user seeks for, in a 3D printer.
For monitoring of printing process, there is an LCD panel that is equipped with light indicators. This 3D printer offers USB and Wi-fi connectivity.
One can get various types of print modes in the printer. The LCD touchscreen is a gift to everyone who likes to complete every operation from the screen itself.
Micro make L2’s automatic platform alignment makes the 3D design setup easier. This DLP 3D printer has more than 6GB storage space. It’s multi-language UI and software support makes it easier to assemble and operate.
- The printer is highly affordable.
- It is known to deliver high precision in the objects that it delivers.
- Micro makes L2 has high printing speed.
- This printer is simple to use and intuitive.
- The printer can directly slice an STL file, which is an anomaly for printers using DLP technologies available under $1000.
- The printer cannot be used for printing huge build volumes.
- It only has an accuracy of resolution till 57 microns and not more.
- The area of the touch screen is very less which makes it difficult to operate at times.
Best DLP printers under $5000:
The printers in this range fall are meant to serve both, professionals as well as, beginners.back to menu ↑
FlashForge Hunter DLP
The manufacturing company of this DLP 3D printer is well-known for producing 3D printers that deliver good print quality at affordable prices.
This DLP 3D printer would be loved by users because it comes fully assembled. All that one needs to do is to plug in to start operating this printer.
One point of comparison between same-priced SLA printers and this printer is speed. Flashforge Hunter DLP is faster in delivering prints than the competitors.
Manufacturers of these printers have also taken into account third party resins and have made this printer compatible with those.
- The printer has a self-developed light engine.
- Overall the printer is simple to operate because it’s intuitive.
- This DLP printer comes with a touchscreen through which it can be operated.
- Flashforge hunter comes with a surface smoothing technique that can be helpful in obtaining high print quality.
- The printer can only deliver between layer heights 25microns to 100 microns.
- This printer has a jewelry support mode because of which users think that it is mainly made for 3D jewelry printing.
Kudo 3D Titan 2 HR
This printer comes with a passive self-peeling technology that is meant to minimize the separation force of cured layers and for the creation of a better resolution without sacrificing speed.
This printer is built to create prints that are hair-thin in size. For this purpose, the printer has a 45-micron needle.
Learning from the limitations of the previous model, the manufacturers have made sure this printer is a plug and play printer.
It also has an in-built raspberry pi and wi-fi connectivity. These features make the printer more user friendly and appropriate for non-technical people also.
- The printer comes fully pre-assembled so no one needs to get a hand on it, once it’s in, you can start to print.
- Kudo 3D comes with web-based controlling. One can also remotely control this 3D printer.
- The printer is especially good for educators in this field and designers who cannot afford to go for 3D printers that cost more than average.
- This printer has a lower resolution compared to others in a similar price range.
- Kudo 3D has a slower speed when it comes to printing, it can only print 2.7 an hour.
Sprint Ray Moon Ray S
This machine provides an XY resolution of 100 microns and a minimum layer thickness of 20 microns. Sprint Ray Moon Ray S offers an impeccable surface finish without post-processing.
The printer has a custom-built RayOne DLP LED projector that can deliver professional-grade accuracy. This printer is equipped with an easy-to-clean resin tank.
With an improved build platform, Sprint Ray comes with a finishing kit that can enable better post-processing for 3D printer parts.
The software that it comes with provides the user a smooth experience and does not give them a tough time. This 3D printer is intuitive when it comes to function in some areas.
- This printer delivers excellent accuracy in all the 3D parts that it produces.
- The printer has an option of connecting itself with Wi-fi and it can also be remotely used.
- Moon Ray is easy to assemble and operate the printer.
- The printer is a depiction of high-quality printing capabilities at unusually affordable prices.
- The heating bed’s calibration is a bit of a problem in this printer.
Best DLP printers under $10,000
These are higher priced 3D DLP printers that are meant to serve professionals in the industry of additive manufacturing.back to menu ↑
B9 Core 530
This printer is made a company based in the USA. B9 Core 530 is an improved version of a previously offered printer based on DIY technology.
This printer displays a layer thickness of 10 microns, an XY resolution of 30 microns, and a manufacturing volume of 57.6 mm * 32.4 mm * 127mm.
Printers manufactured by the same company are known for their print speed and surface quality. B9 has a patent technology on its name that claims to be 4 times faster than the industry average.
- The printer has a touchscreen on its body from which it can be completely operated.
- B9 530 can be connected with a USB, wi-fi, and Ethernet connection.
- It has fume and odor filtration which is rare to find in a DLP printer.
- Unlike printers that are limited to their own resins, this printer is open to 3rd party resins.
- Because of its price, it becomes only affordable for professionals.
- It’s XYZ and resolutions are not as satisfactory as its comparisons.
- Considering its price, the printer does not offer a good layer resolution.
Envision Tec Micro
The printer provides a massive build-up volume of 145 mm * 81.5 mm * 100 mm and an XY resolution of 76 microns.
The printers by Envision Tech are known to produce optimized parts, functional prototypes, manufacturing aids, molds, and tooling. It has a touchscreen for its operation and can be connected using wi-fi.
This machine is also compatible when connected with a dental, hearing aid, and other professional aid software. This 3D printer finds its application with a wide range of materials and is known for producing intricate designs.
- The printer’s design has been kept in such a way that it benefits jewelers, engineers, and other professional designers.
- Envision Tec Micro is compatible with third-party resins.
- The printer has an intuitive control system that makes the printer one of the most simple 3D printers to operate with.
- This 3D printer is difficult to assemble and does not have auto-calibration.
- It is bigger in size and so difficult to locate from one place to the other is used as a domestic printer.
- While in operation, the printer is noisy.
The maximum build size that this printer can deliver is 119 mm * 67 mm * 75 mm. This printer uses liquid type resin and is a printer that falls on the professional side.
It is known for having an excellent quality of prints and for printing faster with considerable quality. This 3D printer is typically used for medical and dental sectors and is compatible even with silicon resins.
The company, Asiga offers lifetime technical support. This printer is equipped with a resin level sensor that lets you know when the resin is over to re-fill it from time to time.
- The printer comes with an auto-calibration function.
- It produces parts with greater build volume than competitors of the same price.
- Asiga Max is compatible with third-party resins.
- This 3D printer is easy to operate and assemble.
- The printer is very noisy in its operation.
DLP is a very important technology when compared to other technologies. It does not offer much in the lower price range with a promise to produce intricate designs with a high amount of accuracy. Hence, one should be extra vigilant when choosing the exact price range of the right DLP 3D printer.