In a world where technology has taken over most of our lives and replaced manual labor, we are able to perform better and easily in any given task. We save time, energy, and resources and require minimum effort during work.
The world of technology is brimming with complex and genius machinery, and in this buying guide, we will be discussing cheap 3D printers under $300, which have grown immensely since their introduction in the 1980s in the realm of technology.
Nowadays, cheap 3D printers assist you in making high-quality metal parts and prototypes using less time and energy and reducing material waste.
Companies and creators now consider investing in machines that are high-speed and user-friendly while producing exceptional results.
There are various cheap 3D printers under $300 for you to select that fulfill your needs and can help you make your ideas come to life. Check them out below.
What Are The Benefits Of Cheap 3D Printers Under $300?
Cheap 3D printers under $300 are a great way for beginners, hobbyists, educators, or small business owners to start 3D printing or people who want their kids to be introduced to 3D printing.
Since they are cost-effective, they can help you test your skills and be used as a trial project as well. Regardless of their price, they produce admirable results.
3D printing also enables you to create geometrical or other complex designs those traditional methods cannot, allowing for innovation and opens imagination for beginners, children, or students.
They are very much useful for supply-chain management and printing on-demand, which enhances your skills and also aids you in your business.
|Monoprice Maker Select V2||Versatile||7|
|XYZprinting Da Vinci Jr. 1.0||Good for beginners||6|
|JGAURORA A-3 Prusa i3||Minimalist design||7|
|Anycubic Kossel||Easy to assemble||7|
|Monoprice Select Mini V2||Great for hobbyists and beginners||8|
|RepRapGuru DIY Prusa i3 V2||Great for educational purposes||8|
|Creality Ender 3 Pro||Stable||7|
|FlashForge Finder Lite||Easy to operate||7.5|
|QIDI Tech X-One2||Smooth printing||8|
|Geeetech A10M||Safe to use||7.5|
|BIQU B1||Overall Best||9|
|Artillery Genius||Smart printer||8|
List of 3D Printers Under $300
Monoprice Maker Select V2
This printer is best for those who have started 3D printing. You can now turn your ideas and creativity from paper or CAD files to an advanced level.
This printer comes fully assembled, with a PLA filament sample and a microSD card containing 3D model files so you can kick-start your printing.
It can use both commercial and open-source software like Repetier, Simplify 3D, or Cura, it is compatible with MAC OS X, Windows, and LINUX.
The large 8 x 8-inch build plate and generous 7 inches abundant spacing of this printer enables you to print larger and complex models.
- Comes with heated build plates that let you print slower cooling materials, like PLA and PLA blends, ABS, and modified ABS; the other materials it supports are PVA, PET, FPE, TPU, HIPS, TPC, XT, PLA, Copolyester, Jelly, Felty, Foam, Max, etc
- Maximum extruder temperature goes up to 500°F (260°C).
- Only needs 6 screws to assemble.
- High-quality prints
- Great for beginners
- May need a lot of maintenance
XYZprinting Da Vinci Jr. 1.0
The XYZprinting da Vinci Jr. 1.0 A Pro is amongst the best 3D printers under $300 that are closed-framed and has a large build volume (6.9 inches in each dimension).
It has rounded corners so can be kept on your desktop in your office or household. The 1.0 A Pro’s closed frame decreases both noise and accidental burns from its hot extruder.
- The print speed of this printer can go up to 100mm/second if the XYZware software is version V18.104.22.168 or above.
- This printer applies a brand new 9-point calibration detection that levels the print bed along the Z-axis.
- Is compatible with only XYZprinting’s non-toxic PLA filament.
- Comes with a built-in scanner that rotates 360 degrees to easily catch the entire object in only 5 minutes; you will be able to scan anything from 1 inch cubed to 4.7 Inch cubed, in 0.25 mm resolution.
- Has an output power of 350 mW±10% which enables you to customize your personal creative path on many materials like wood, plastic, paper, leather, and cardboard.
- Is equipped with CAD and slicing software.
- You can wirelessly transfer 3D files from your computer, laptop, or tablets into your 3D printer with the help of its Wi-Fi connectivity
- Good for beginners and professionals both
- May be hard to assemble
The features this printer carries makes it one of the best 3D printers under $300. For beginners, the A-3 produces high-quality prints and is very lightweight and compact so you can easily shift it from place to place.
Its build volume is 200 × 200 × 180 mm. In addition, the nozzle of the printer can reach up to 250 degrees Celsius.
- The 3D printer best supports open-frame PLA printing.
- The heated print bed allows enhanced first-layer adhesion and reduces warping.
- Has a compact and slim built which makes it adjustable at the office or in the study of your house.
- Is equipped with a metal plate of 2mm thickness which makes it strong and durable.
- The 3D Printer comes with an LCD screen and an SD card reader. This allows you to upload your designs and administer the printing process from the printer.
- A3 has a single extruder so you are allowed to print with one color or one material at a time.
- Supports various filaments like nylon, wood, ABS, and PLA.
- High quality prints
- Supports Cura
- Hard to assemble
- Manual calibration
This printer has great qualities considering its price. It is compatible with various composites and materials like PLA, ABS, and PETG and gives high-quality prints as well.
It is easy to assemble and does not require much tuning. It has two main and distinct features; it does not require pulleys for its locomotion system for linear rails with guides and comes with a larger print bed.
- Comes with a built-in auto-leveling.
- Has an adaptable assembly; you only have to put 7 modular parts together.
- Its newly designed low voltages supply & Isolating power sock keeps you safe from electric shock hazards.
- The smartly designed carbon rod is very light and strong.
- Contains a suspended filament holder which makes it a convenient printer.
- Fast movement and precise printing
- May not be good for beginners
Monoprice Select Mini V2
Monoprice Select Mini V2 is a compact desktop printer that supports all filament types; from basic filaments, like PLA and ABS, to advanced ones like wood and metal composites, dissolvable PVA, and conductive PLA.
It is one of the best 3D printers under $300 as it comes fully assembled and is pre-calibrated. It has a PLA filament sample and a MicroSD card with a few preinstalled model so you can start printing right away.
- Has a heated aluminum build plate and a nozzle cooling fan so it can print all filament types.
- Supports PC and Mac, and also software like Repetier and Cura.
- Supports filament types like wood, copper fill, bronze fill, ABS, PLA, steel fill and others.
- Its max extruder temperature is up to 482°F (250°C).
- Basic open-frame design.
- High-quality results
- Great for small projects
- Might be noisy
RepRapGuru DIY Prusa i3 V2
This printer is a top choice for educators who want to introduce 3D printing in their classrooms, and people who want to start 3D printing as a hobby or are beginners at it.
One of the best things about this printer does not need any cutting, drilling, soldering, or altering. It includes all important hardware, connectors, and wire to build a working 3D printer.
The RepRapGuru DIY Prusa i3 V2 printer kit is cost-effective and produces high-quality prints.
- It comes with an 8″x8″ heated build area which is layered with an authentic piece of borosilicate glass.
- The V2 is equipped with a 2004 LCD w/ SD card reader that enables you to print from an SD card without any connection with a computer.
- The printer utilizes a 1.75mm direct feed extruder that is fitted with a .04 nozzle which allows a print resolution of 100 microns.
- The frame of the printer is made of 1/4″ premium cast acrylic along with plastic injected molded parts for perfect fitting and a classy look.
- Is equipped with a custom spool holder that allows a free-hanging reel.
- Build Volume (200 mm x 200 mm x 185 mm or 8 in x 8 in x 7 in)
- Free Open Source Software
- Advanced-Intermediate mechanical skills needed for assembly
- Advanced-Intermediate electronics skills needed for set up and diagnostics
Creality Ender 3 Pro
The Creality Ender 3 Pro is a good choice for beginners, hobbyists, educators, and children. It is safe to use and can be kept in your office, classroom, or at the comfort of your home.
It has a sleek, minimalist design, and its new 40*40 Y-axis frame design has improved the stability of its printing platform. It is very simple to use and is known for its excellent adhesion.
- Comes with a removable build surface plate that provides safety to the build plate of your 3D printer and ensures consistency of temperature throughout the build surface it can be easily removed after the models are cooled.
- It has a UL Certified power supply that protects your printer from unexpected power outages that can heat the hotbed to 110℃ in just 5 minutes.
- Can resume printing after power outages from the last extruder position recorded.
- Great for STEM education and for teaching kids as well
- Fully open-source
- May not last long
The ELEGOO Neptune is a user-friendly printer that is known among the best 3D printers under $300.
It produces fine quality prints and is safe to use as it features a MEAN WELL LRS-350 350W single output switching power supply, this means it has protection functions that comply with the international safety regulations that provide you with a safe and undisturbed experience.
It enables you to print smoothly without clogging the nozzle or jamming the filament/s.
- It supports most filaments such as PLA, ABS, TPU, and more.
- Has a carbide glass build platform that gives flawless adhesion and which means that the model can be used effortlessly after printing.
- In case of power outage, it will resume printing and if filament runs out it will pause, enabling you to replace the filaments.
- 3 steps to set up the whole printer with semi-assembly components and within 5 minutes you can start your first printing
- Does not make much noise while printing
- Some parts may take more time to be tightened than the others
The FlashForge Finder is a small 3D printer measuring 16.54 x 16.54 x 16.54 inches and weighing 24.25 lbs. Unlike other small 3D printers, this model comes with an intelligent calibration detection system to support leveling.
- Supports 3D Cloud function that enables you to edit, share, and store, and check the printing status online. It also provides a huge model database.
- Utilizes non-toxic PLA only, and the heated components are insulated.
- Extractable platform, which makes removing the models easily and prevents damage to the holder or platform when removing the model.
- Does not make much sound (below 50 decibels)
- Great for beginners and people of all ages and can be safely used around or with children (not suitable for children below 3 years old)
- May not be durable
FlashForge Finder Lite
The FlashForge Finder Lite is a printer that is suitable for all ages; beginners, experts, and for teachings kids at school and at home.
It is ideal for tool design, architectural or mechanical design, and industrial design. The printer supports PLA, Copper PLA, TPU, and many more.
- The printer has a slide-in build plate that enables you to take it out of it and remove your models easily.
- Its personalized nozzle structure has been upgraded and the wiring is smoother which improves the surface quality of the model and decreases extruding jams.
- Is equipped with an intelligent calibration detection system for leveling and the touchscreen display shows clear instructions for you to make calibration a trouble-free task.
- It has no edges or corners, wires, or high-temperature components
- Quite functioning
- Easy to setup
- May not be durable
QIDI Tech X-One 2
QIDI Technology X-one2 is an ideal printer for use in schools and households for STEM projects and to introduce yourself or your loved ones to 3D metal printing. It is simple to operate and comes pre-assembled.
The printer has a single extruder that highly reduces the risk of clogging, and supports ABS, TPU, PLA filament types.
It is easily operable due to its 3.5-inch full-color touchscreen with intuitive icons.
- The printer comes with self-developed professional 3D slicing software that applies the new intelligent model segmentation technology which makes your printed product smooth and precise.
- It is equipped with a high-quality aluminum plate, smooth flatness, which heats evenly and saves your prints from deforming.
- Very easy to assemble and has a user-friendly touchscreen for you to print effortlessly.
- Very sturdy and well-built
- Gives high quality and smooth print results
- Bed size is too small; 5.5”x5.5”x5.5”(140x140x140mm)
The Geeetech A10M is a great printer for STEM projects, for introducing your children to the world of 3D printing, and for beginners and hobbyists as well.
Its high adhesion building platform enables you to remove your finished products easily and you will not need any tape or glue stick anymore.
With this truly unique printer, you can fashion your own designs by using any CAD software and make your innovations come to life.
The build volume of this printer is 220*220*260mm³ and its maximum printing speed is 120 mm/s. The filament types it supports are ABS, PLA, wood-polymer, HIPS, PETG, PVA, and flexible PLA.
- It has a double color-printing feature; two extruder modules and a 2-in-1-out hot end which enables 4 types of printings: double color, single color, mixed color, and graded color. All of this makes for high-quality results and a fun printing experience.
- The printer is easy to assemble. The setup is divided into 6 components – extruder motors, gantry kit, PSU kit, bottom kit, filament holder kit, and LCD display kit. You only have to connect the wires, tighten the screws, fine-tune its belt tension and balance the heat bed when required. This entire process only takes about 20 minutes.
- It is easy to operate due to its Marlin firmware, it will support an auto-leveling function.
- This printer’s smart filament detection system will alarm you to change filament in case the printer runs out of it in the air or the spool is empty.
- The resurrection system of this printer saves real-time printing status and resumes printing where it left off in case it stops.
- Open-sourced control board
- Quiet and stable
- High adhesion building platform
- Might need constant upgrading
The BIQU B1 is an intuitive and unique printer that comes under $300. It has intelligent features like a filament sensor, which detects broken material and link consumable to prevent halfway.
It supports a wide range of languages (total 15) and has a night vision effect that allows you to switch multiple colors and let you observe printing status at night.
The build size of this printer is 235 x 235 x 270mm, its printing accuracy is ±0.05mm, and the printing speed is 60mm/s. The printer is slicing compatible with Cura, Simplify 3D, and Repetier-Host.
- Comes with an easily removable build plate so you can remove your models after they have cooled down; due to the BIQU SSS with a magnetic patch, the printing process is highly stable.
- Has the patented BIQU B1 adopt an integrated adapter Board that includes an intelligent filament sensor.
- The BL Touch interface, TYPE-C connector protects your printer and makes the printing process precise and convenient.
- Resumes printing from where it left off in case of power outages or filament interruption.
- Ultra silent printing due to its silent working mode by TMC2225 Ultra-Silent Drivers
- Minimalist and stylish black design
- High-quality prints
- Might be hard to assemble
The Sovol SV01 comes with a direct drive extruder and dual Z lead screw, which highly increases its printing stability and maintains precise printing quality even during high-speed printing. This makes it one of the best 3D printers under $300. It is compatible with various material filaments like TPU, ABS, and more.
Sovol SV01’s certified power supply also protects your printer from unexpected power outages. It is partially assembled in three parts, so you can easily assemble the rest of it in only 20 minutes.
- Its built-in branded Meanwell power supply allows for secure and ample power and heats up the hotbed and nozzle quickly.
- Equipped with a flat glass plate on the regular heated bed, which greatly reduces warped bed problems.
- Includes 5 extra nozzles.
- Has an aluminum frame that enables strong aluminum extrusion.
- Comes with a filament end detector.
- Saves printing status in real-time.
- It has a fast heating borosilicate glass bed which is easily detachable and can heat up to 80 ° C in 2 minutes and takes only 5 to 10 minutes to reach 110 °C.
- Easy to assemble
- The printer has a smart safety warning system of Thermal Runaway Protection which protects your printer against loss of temperature control
- Might be loud
This printer has an all-aluminum frame design and a fault detection-filament exhaustion detection system, which recovers and continues printing in case of power failure, its printing speed is 150 mm/s, which makes it fast and precise and produces high-quality prints with flexible filaments.
- Has 3 inductive sensor terminal stops that are set on the XYZ axis, and the non-contact limit switches can be automatically calibrated and ensure high stability even during high-speed printing.
- It comes with a direct drive extruder and a quick heating AC electric heating bed along with a built-in thermal runaway protection device, in case the SSR or the circuit board stops, the bed will stop heating.
- The heated bed can reach up to 80°C in 2 minutes, and heated to 110°C in about 5 minutes by applying only a 0.4 mm nozzle.
- The smooth bedside surface of the latticed glass ensures smooth adhesion of all types of filaments.
- Its intelligent inductive sensor allows more precise positioning.
- This printer is easy to assemble as it comes 98% pre-assembled
- Is equipped with a color touch screen control
- Has an ultra-quiet stepper driver
- May not last long
A few critical questions you need to ask
- What are the important functions of cheap 3D printers under $300 do I need to learn about?
- Is the printer I am choosing user-friendly?
- Is my printer equipped with the latest storage system, software, and technology?
- What kind of metals and composites are compatible with my chosen printer?
- Is it necessary to know if the printer’s speed and volume?
- How would a cheap 3D printer under $300 benefit my business or work environment?
Before you choose a 3D printer, you should know its requirements so you can choose the correct model that fits your needs. Below is all you need to know.
- Printing Technology: This is the base of your printer. Deciding upon the printing technology might be a bit tricky, but it is essential so that your printed model meets your expectations. Ponder upon the finished look your model should have and that will help you figure out the kind of technology you need for 3D printing.
- Precision and Quality: Find out about your printer’s essentials so that it ticks all the boxes for smooth and high-quality printing.
- User-friendliness: The printer should have current software so you can easily print without any problems. A user-friendly printer also helps you deal with errors and improve your quality. You also have to make sure that the printer is safe to use around children.
- Size: Considering the workspace you have, you should be aware of the size of your metal printer before buying it so it does not bother your surroundings.
- Materials: For the part, you choose to print, you need technology that is compatible with the requirements as there might be separate applications for all parts. This will enable the printer to adapt to the application of the material you print and perform accordingly.
- Speed and Volume: For an effortless printing process that does not need any post-processing, you may need to pay attention to your metal printer’s speed. And if you choose to print multiple parts, you might have to opt for a larger printer.
Furthermore, some materials are prone to release toxins that can be harmful upon inhalation. Choose a printer with an enclosure or a device for ventilation so it can release the gases or fumes outside.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What Exactly Do Cheap 3D Printers Under $300 Do?
3D printers allow you to fashion customized metal parts in modern designs. You can process the parts you print to gain full advantages of their application. They are capable of producing high-quality prototypes and metal parts and are best for those who want to kick start 3D metal printing or own a small business.
They are also amazing for STEM projects and fun plus educational family time. 3D printers require no tools because they can print parts directly from their digital model.
Which Industries Use Metal 3D Printing?
To name a few:
- In the medical field; surgeons’ tools can be printed according to their and their patients’ needs, issues, and morphology.
What Are The Benefits Of Using A Cheap 3D Printer Under $300?
One of the most essential benefits of using a cheap 3D printer is that you can easily afford it if you have a tight budget or just want to be smart about your expenditure.
They can be used for experimenting with 3D printing, for learning purposes, or as just a hobby. They are very useful for business owners who do not want to invest in an expensive and larger 3D metal printer yet.
Cheap 3D printers are usually small, so you can place them anywhere; they do not require too much space and no labor. You can easily assemble it and produce metal parts on your own. Secondly, it is a great tool for teaching children or newbies interested in 3D printing.
The system of 3D printers is made to serve audiences that want to manufacture parts and prototypes with less or no hassle, hence they do not require much hard work or brainstorming.
In addition, you can print the parts in intervals, which helps you with the storage of your prints, thanks to on-demand manufacturing and a digital inventory.
Generally, we are too occupied with our work schedule that we regularly fall behind our tasks or presentation. If you buy a 3D printer, it can help you print parts quickly and help you in your presentations, so you can establish an impressive connection with your audience.
You can use your 3D printer by utilizing the best modern technology to print phenomenal metal parts and models. This gives you an upper hand over different organizations and increases your market worth.
You can also use them to showcase your talent at school or college and start a small business with your friends or colleagues. Cheap 3D printers under $300 are a win-win for all.
Buying a cheap 3D printer under $300 can aid you in getting started with making your own prints in a cost-effective way. They are made for you to use your budget smartly so that in case you are not comfortable with 3D printing in the future, your money does not go to waste.
The printers are especially great for experimenting in metal 3D printing as a side business or just to practice your skills before you jump into a larger 3D printing industry.
In addition, these printers, unlike the advanced ones are fairly easy to operate and will not consume much of your time or energy. They are a simple way to pass your time creatively while making your printed parts worthy of becoming something you can earn out of.
What Are Some Modern Printing Technologies Used For 3D Printing?
The 3D printing industry is widening its horizons quickly, and so, modern technologies are being introduced often. Keeping this in mind, you should choose a printer according to your wants. Some modern printing methods include:
- Binder Jetting
- Ultrasonic Additive Manufacturing
- Powder Bed Fusing
- Metal Material Extrusion
In the current market, cheap 3D printers have made an exceptional impression due to their cost-effectiveness and support for artists and business owners. In today’s world where the rise in technology is unstoppable, 3D printing made its mark to give birth to modern techniques.
So many 3D printers have helped build careers and aspired creativity in people from all aspects of life. It’s not necessary for you to be well-versed in this field, you can just be a hobbyist, someone who wants to put their creativity to use, or someone who wants to explore their niche.
Regardless of their costs, they add great value to production and innovation that we may not be able to achieve with traditional methods.