Based on DMLS 3D printing, EOS M 290 is an industrial-grade 3D printer that allows the creation of complex geometries like freeform surfaces, deep slots, and coolant ducts on parts. It is compatible with high mechanical property powders such as Aluminum, maraging steel, high-grade steel, titanium, nickel, and cobalt chrome alloys. The printing system utilizes a powerful 400-Watt fiber laser to ensure excellent detail resolution. EOS M 290 has a robust and well-established system with a vast range of applications guaranteeing reliably high performance. The printing system is compatible with a monitoring suite that permits quality assurance of all production and quality-relevant data in real-time. Its high beam quality in coordination with performance stability operates in protective nitrogen as well as argon atmospheres. Three new modules i.e. EOS Powderbed, EOSTATE Base, and EOSTATE Laser Monitoring let user’s quality management to the highest possible level.
- User-friendly touch screen interface.
- Compatible with a wide range of materials.
- ParameterEditor allows for modifying parameters to meet individual requirements.
- Optimized gas management.
Specification: EOS EOS M 290
- Excellent management of various aspects of 3D printing process is possible using various parts of this 3D printing system.
- No need for any support structures.
- An extraordinary quality of parts and functional prototypes for various applications are possible using this 3D printing system.
- You can choose from a variety of different 3D printing materials.
- The high cost of printing per part when compared with other 3D printing technologies.
- Relative to other melted parts, DMLS parts are porous and their porosity can be controlled but not eliminated in the 3D printing process during post-processing.