Featuring an extended Z-axis for large-scale parts production, SLM 800 has the ability to have multiple machines connected via the SLM hub. This opens up a huge possibility for large-scale industrial metal additive manufacturing. The maximum print envelope offered by the printer is 500 mm * 280 mm * 250 mm that allows you to print parts in one go.
SLM 800 uses multiple lasers for fusing complex parts and functional prototypes. It has a permanent filter that will take away all the odd fumes produced during the heating while the 3D printing process. The printer is powered by SLM HUB automated cylinder handling and powder management. The list of printer accessories include: Recoater brush, Recoater cleaning station, Melt Pool Monitoring, Laser power monitoring, and layer preparation tool.
SLM 800 has a build rate of up to 171 cubic centimeters per hour. The variable layer thickness ranges from 20 micrometers to 90 micrometers which is available on request. The beam focus diameter range of the printer ranges from 80 to 115 micrometers. It has a maximum scan speed of 10 meters per second. And the minimum feature size of the printer is 150 micrometers. The optics part of the printer consists of four laser sources each of 400 Watts ensuring complete fusion of parts.
Specification: SLM Solutions SLM 800 3D Printer
- The built volume of parts and functional prototypes is huge.
- The printer can print with multiple materials.
- It comes with a permanent filter.
- Multiple parts of this printer can be monitored at various times to see whether there is something wrong going on in the printer during the printing process.
- The printer is very much preferable for the mass production of parts and functional prototypes.
- Users who are used to finding an even bigger build volume than this printer printed in a printer that costs lesser than the printer are bound to find this printer expensive.