The Metal additive manufacturing specialist Fabrisonichas come up with the incarnation of the sonic layer line of 3D printers. Fabrisonic Sonic Layer 400 is part of that line. The 3D printing technology that this printer utilizes consists of using ultrasonic sounds for merging the layers of metals foil to build parts and functional prototypes.
The Fabrisonic sonic layer 4000 is a hybrid 3D printer that has an additive, as well as a subtractive manufacturing system. The all-new Sonic Layer 4000 3D printer machine includes the company’s patented UAM (ultrasonic additive manufacturing) welding head to additively create solid metal parts through an automatic feed system. The welding machine has a welding force of 2500 Ib and a maximum welding speed of 200 rpm. The build volume of the printer is huge because it is an industrial 3D printer. There are also lots of material variabilities offered by this printer for producing parts and functional prototypes.
Other than this, it has a full machine guarding which includes a water-soluble coolant that comes with the machine and has a removable screen for chip removal. Another alcohol coolant is also counted in with the machine which is used to keep the surface clean during manufacturing. The Sonic Layer 4000 works with the industry’s G code programming. It also offers its users with COD/CAD software.
Specification: Fabrisonic SonicLayer 4000 3D Printer
- High-speed process for additive manufacturing.
- Large available envelope for substantial size parts.
- No melting characteristics.
- Bonding of dissimilar metals.
- Metal matrix composites.
- Smart or reactive structures.
- Low-temperature process.
- Complex internal geometries.
- Requires no post-processing on parts and functional prototypes.
- Cost is a huge issue with every industrial printer and Fabrisonic Sonic Layer 4000 falls in that range. So no one can help it when users are more concerned about cost than quality and quantitative manufacturing in less time.