With great features and various inbuilt capabilities for higher resolution printing, Form 2 has gotten into the list of most popular choices of 3D printers. Great power deliverance and potential for bringing into reality the most complex designs make Form 2 helpful in the complete production processes. Form 2 is generally used in designing prototypes, dentures, and Jewellery. Although being an SLA 3D printer, Form 2 provides you hassle-free 3D printing, meaning that it can work even without the constant connection of PC.
The PreForm software is compatible with Form 2 and it helps in positioning this model. Not only one can import, align, and duplicate, but also can one resize the complete digital file using the tools that are available in the software very easily. There are three connectivity options provided with Form 2. You can connect the printer with the PC using USB, Ethernet, or Wifi network.
It is compatible with Windows 7 and later version as well as MAC OS X10.7 and later version. Providing the resolution up to 25 microns, one can build precise designs with ease using Form 2 by FormLabs. The 3D printer also likes the auto heating technology that heats to 35 degrees Celsius for great results. Form 2 is a 3D printer that is very popular with beginners because of its compact nature and cheap price.
Specification: Formlabs Form 2 3D Printer
- Provides excellent print quality
- Hassle-free setup and first test print
- The combination of hardware and software is amazing, and their tuning is awesome.
- Great slicer software
- Nice user interface
- Relatively noise-free operation
- Post-processing is a must for every print.
- Speed isn’t fast when compared to the FDM printers.
- Changing resin is difficult and messy
- Consumables cost such as resin price and tank price are expensive