The Printrbot Metal Plus comes as a fully assembled machine. Based on Fused Filament Fabrication technology, the printer comes with a metal frame. It boasts an open platform and can create parts with a maximum volume of 10 x 10 x 10 inches. The printer works with PLA and is a very amazing choice for beginners. To provide users with strong first layer adhesion, the bed of the printer is made of machined-flat MIC 6 aluminum cast.
In addition, PrintrBot Metal Plus also boasts an auto-leveling probe that when coupled with the preferred computer software, can offer great ease of setup. Further, the printer is based on open-source software. Hence, users can choose the applications they like, without any hassle. In addition, one can achieve a maximum resolution of 100 microns. Overall, the printer is best suited for home users and beginners.
- Comes fully assembled.
- Auto bed leveling.
- Compact and sleek.
Specification: Printrbot Metal Plus
- The printer has an easy setup, great style, and stability.
- It is an extremely filament-friendly printer.
- Metal Plus comes in a laser-cut wood frame housing powder-coated metal.
- The machine is equipped with a ceramic Ubis hot end, an Aluminum extruder, and a heated bed.
- Being an open-frame 3D printer, heating and cooling of filaments and 3D printed parts will be difficult.
- Compared to desktop printers with the enclosed print chamber, Metal plus is a little unsafe for home use.