The market of resin desktop 3D printers is growing exponentially. Many companies are offering great compact 3D devices with various advanced features.
Earlier, they used to produce machines based on Stereolithography (SLA) and Digital Light Processing (DLP) technologies. Today, there are significant innovations and developments in 3D printing technologies.
One of them is Liquid Crystal Matrix (LCD). This new technology is used by a Taiwanese manufacturer, Phrozen, that offers user-friendly professional 3D printers for industrial, medical, and personal use.
In this article, we have listed down the top 3D printers by Phrozen in detail to make it convenient for you to choose from all Phrozen 3D printers available in the market.
History of Phrozen 3D Printers
The company, Phrozen, was developed by a team of engineers in Taiwan in 2013. It started from crowdfunding in Taiwan and the US And then expanded to South Korea, Europe, Japan, and many other countries.
Phrozen successfully raised $375,000 from the Kickstarter crowdfunding platform, with an initial goal of $30,000. In 2019, it was able to raise more than $519,000 from another crowdfunding drive with the same modest goal of $30,000. In both cases, the sponsors wanted a 3D printer with unique properties at an affordable price.
The manufacturer launched its first prototype a 3D printer based on LCD technology in 2017. It also sells resins, toners, accessories, and other spare parts along with printers. Phrozen has a wide collection of small and large size resin printers for precise 3D printing.
These printers have Aluminum CNC parts, excellent mechanical design, high-quality components, and dedicated RD work in the optical engine. They are open source and also enable you to use third-party materials.
Thus, Phrozen 3D printers are of great quality, affordable, and open-sourced.
LCD 3D Printing Technology
The new technology, LCD is also known as Mask Stereolithography or MSLA. It is similar to DLP technology. Instead of using expensive DMD chips that are used in DLP, It makes use of an affordable LCD screen to create a mask. When the LED array projects UV light on it, it generates an image of each layer, which hardens simultaneously.
LCD technology replicates designs with very fine details. It can create bigger size models by using more LCD panels. It is more affordable than other laser and projector-based 3D printers. They are easy to maintain and support a wide range of materials.
Lists of Best Phrozen 3D Printers
|Phrozen Sonic Mini 4K||Editors Choice||8.6|
|Phrozen Sonic XL 4K||Best Dental 3D Printer||8.8|
|Phrozen Sonic Mini||Safest Option||8.5|
|Phrozen Sonic Mighty 4K||Bigger and Better||8.4|
|Phrozen Sonic 4K||One Second Layer Time||8.7|
|Phrozen Transform||Large Build Volume||8.9|
|Phrozen Shuffle XL||Consistent Utility||8.4|
|Phrozen Sonic Mega 8K||Highest Resolution||9|
Phrozen Sonic Mini 4K
The compact device offering a high resolution of 4K attracted too many users. You can create various highly detailed models with sharp designs precisely with Phrozen Sonic Mini 4K. It is consumer-friendly.
The printer uses monochrome LCD and 405 nanometers ParaLED 2.0 Lite to cure the resin. It has a build volume of 135 x 75 x 130 mm with a z-axis resolution of 10 microns and XY resolution of 35 microns.
The machine has a 2.8 inches IPS touchscreen for an intuitive user interface and a USB port for connectivity. It has a speed of 80 mm per hour and requires low maintenance. It is priced at $399.
- It is portable due to its lightweight and compact design. It perfectly fits different settings for both professional and personal use.
- You can choose from multiple resins. It is also compatible with third-party materials.
- It allows odor-free printing and its cooling fan eliminates the harmful fumes, thus, making it safe to be used in small spaces.
- You can print small parts with great precision through a parallel UV light matrix and a high resolution of 3840 x 2160 pixels.
- The translucent resin tank allows you to keep an eye on the resin level and detect possible errors immediately
- You can completely access the print space and easily remove the prints by removing the top methacrylate shield.
- Highly accurate
- Sharp 3D printing
- Easy to set up
- Low level of noise
- Small print area
- Only one connectivity option
Phrozen Sonic XL 4K
It is the advanced version of Phrozen Sonic with a 45% larger build volume of 7.5 x 4.7 x 7.9 inches. It is the third in the Sonic series. It uses a monochrome LCD with a resolution of 3840 x 2160 pixels and a layer thickness of 0.01 to 0.3 mm.
The printer has a print speed of 90 mm/hour. It only requires 0.2 seconds to cure the resin. You can connect it through a USB, LAN, or WIFI. It runs on an English-based operating system with an intuitive user interface.
The printer costs around $2300.
- It is designed especially for the dental industry. It is used to create crowns, demo models, and bridges. However, it can also be used for producing highly detailed jewelry, precise parts, and functional prototypes.
- It is great for souvenir production, design, and educational use.
- It easily fits on any table in the office or workshop due to its compact design.
- You can choose from a wide range of resins. It is compatible with flexible, biocompatible, and high-strength resins including those used for DLP or SLA printers. It also enables users to use third-party resin.
- The air filtration makes it eco-friendly and eliminates odor.
- Ultrafine precision
- Large build volume
- Compatible with various resins
- Ideal for dental
- No UV resin provided
- No guarantee for LCD screen and print bed
Phrozen Sonic Mini
If you are a beginner and looking for the safest option to experiment with, then Phrozen Sonic Mini 4K is a great option to be considered. You can create various miniatures of different designs with an easy-to-handle SLA 3D printer in a short span of time.
The printer is based on Stereolithography and uses photosensitive resin and 405 nanometers ParaLED 2.0 Lite to cure the resin. It has a build volume of 120 x 68 x 130 mm with a z-axis resolution of 10 microns and XY resolution of 62 microns.
The machine has a 2.8 inches IPS touchscreen for an intuitive user interface and a USB port for connectivity. It has a speed of 80 mm per hour and requires low maintenance. It takes only 2 seconds to cure a layer and 5 minutes to set up. It costs $239 only.
- It enables odor-free printing and its fan eliminates harmful fumes. Thus, it is safe to be used in small spaces.
- The parallel UV light matrix enables you to print small parts with great accuracy and precision.
- The translucent resin tank enables you to keep track of the resin level and detect any errors immediately during the printing process.
- You can completely access the print space and easily remove the printed parts by removing the top methacrylate shield.
- Precise printing
- Easy to operate
- Offline printing
- Small print space
Phrozen Sonic Mighty 4K
Phrozen also offers the bigger version of Sonic Mini 4K which is called Sonic Mighty 4K. It offers an extended print area of 9.3 inches and a 4K lifelong monochrome LCD. This printer ticks all the boxes of large, high-resolution, and fast 3D printing.
The printer has a build volume of 200 x 125 x 220 mm with a speed of 80mm/hour. It uses 405 nanometers ParaLED 2.0 Lite to cure the resin within a second. It uses a plastic resin vat and can be connected through USB.
The machine is compatible with the proprietary system, Phrozen OS, and uses ChiTu Box software for slicing. The layer thickness varies from 0.01 to 0.3 mm and XY resolution is 52 um.
It costs $599.99.
- It enables you to create your most ambitious large-sized 3D models with ultra-fine details.
- It prints four times faster than traditional 3D printers.
- The removable top methacrylate shield enables you to completely access the print space and easily remove the printed parts.
- You can choose from multiple resins. It works best with Phrozen’s Aqua Grey 4K and is also compatible with third-party materials.
- The 2.8 inches touch screen allows you to control all the settings.
- Big Prints
- High detailed models
- Easy to handle print bed
- No air filtration
- Tricky to fix resin vat
- Pokey User Interface
Phrozen Sonic 4K
Comparatively, Phrozen Sonic 4K is more of a professional 3D printer than Sonic mini 4K. It is designed for commercial use. It uses mono LCD technology that enables you to create highly detailed 3D models. It prints at a very high speed and can cure a single layer in just two seconds.
The printer has a panel that is 4 times more durable and wear-resistant. The company claims it can work for at least 2000 hours.
The build area is quite large, around 135 x 75 x 200 mm with a 405nm ParaLED Matrix 2.0.
It has a print speed of 60 mm/h, minimum layer height of 10 microns and layer thickness varies from 0.01 to 0.3 mm.
You can connect through USB, SD card, or Ethernet. It uses the Phrozen OZ system and is compatible with the proprietary slicing software, Chitu Box V1.6.5.
The machine is priced at $1399.99 with a year warranty.
- It is greatly used by dentists to produce dental models and tools with high precision and efficiency. There are also built-in parameters for dental applications.
- It allows users to print highly detailed models with a smooth surface finish.
- It is built with a reliable aluminum frame that minimizes vibration and guarantees a quiet operation.
- It enables you to remotely transfer your file by securely connecting through the Ethernet.
- The software empowers designers to work with efficiency by offering premium support, automatic error detection, and editing features. It also enables the printing of multi-floor structures to maximize output.
- You can also use 3rd party resin of 385 and 405 nm for 3D printing.
- The printer can be controlled through a computer or built a 5 inches LCD touchscreen.
- One second layer time
- Dimensionally accurate
- Large build plate
- Dental parameters
- Only for commercial usage
- It is more expensive than Sonic Mini 4K
Phrozen Transform is among the earlier 3D printers released by the company. It was crowdfunded on Kickstarter in 2019. The model captured the interest of sponsors so much that it was able to raise around $519,000.
The printer stands out among other LCD 3D printers due to interchangeable LCD panels. You can either use one 13.3 inches panels or two 5.5 inches panels to maximize output.
You can swap the panels within 30 seconds due to the fast LCD adaptor. It offers 76 um XY resolution from13.3 inches panel and 47 um from a 5.5 inches panel.
Transform is compatible with the proprietary system, Phrozen OS, and USES ChiTu Box for slicing. You can connect to it through WIFI, LAN or USB.
There are two types of transform 3D printers available, one with a monochrome LCD that costs around $2700 and enables you to print extremely fast. Another is with a standard color LCD that costs $700 less at only $2000.
- You are able to produce large models by using a single LCD panel that offers a print volume of 292 x 165 x 400 mm.
- It also enables you to do batch production by using dual LCD panels. This saves production time. It is ideal for producing highly detailed identical jewelry.
- You can also produce two different objects simultaneously.
- The printer offers stability and durability with an aluminum Z-axis with double linear rails and ball screws.
- It works best with Phrozen’s resin. However, you can also use third-party filament.
- The multi-cooling fans prevent the machine from overheating.
- ParaLED optical engine
- Huge build volume
- Stable Z-axis
- Fast 3D printing
- Compatible with a wide range of resins
- Does not come with a free resin
- Slightly expensive
Phrozen Shuffle XL
As the name indicates, Phrozen Shuffle XL enables you to produce large-size 3D models without compromising quality. It can print full-sized mechanical parts to be used in the aerospace industry, accurate equipment for the medical industry, jewelry, and automotive.
The printer is based on LCD masked Stereo Lithography technology. It is compatible with nanometer resins.
It has a print volume of 190 x 120 x 200 mm, Z-axis resolution of 10 microns, X and Y-axis resolution of 85 microns, and print speed of 35 mm per hour. There are three connectivity options. These include a USB port, Wi-Fi, and a QR code.
The machine is priced at $1399 and is pre-assembled by the company. In addition, there is a one-year warranty.
- It is best suited for printing large 3D models, dental applications, and prototypes.
- You can create precise detailed 3D prints through a 5.5 inches LCD mask along with A 16000 x 2560 (2K) resolution.
- The dual linear rails on the Z-axis offer great print stability even when printing large models.
- The Para Led Optical Engine omits parallel lights to create neat prints quickly.
- You can control and monitor the printing process through a 3.5 inches touch panel.
- Large Build Volume
- Great print quality
- Can be connected through WIFI
- Consistent Utility
- Need additional accessories for using it in the long run
- Two loud cooling fans
- Bloated user interface
Phrozen Sonic Resin
Phrozen Sonic is designed for professionals, as it is reliable, accurate, and fast. It uses a tailor-made monochrome LCD for 3D printing.
The printer has a build volume of 120 x 68 x 170 mm with a speed of 60mm/hour. The layer thickness varies from 0.01 to 0.1 mm and XY resolution is 62 um. You can connect it through a USB, Ethernet, or WIFI.
It is priced at $1699.99 with a year warranty.
- It is suitable for professional use in all walks of life. These include dental and jewelry production and prototyping.
- It is easy to maintain as the LCD panel has a long life of 2000 hours. It is powerful and more pressure resistant.
- It helps to print quickly by using a single linear rail on the Z-axis and ParaLED matrix.
- The printer is user-friendly. It is easy to control through a 5 inches touch panel and uses a pre-installed Phrozen OS system and professional slicer by FormWare, PZSlice Pro, for a better user interface.
- You can choose from a wide range of resins. It is compatible with resins designed for DLP or SLA printers and third-party materials.
- Plug and play
- Easy to use
- Lifelong LCD
- Sleek design
- Offline printing
- Assisted bed leveling
- No sample resin included
- Small build area
- LCD is not covered in the warranty
Phrozen Sonic Mega 8K
Over a year of research and development, Phrozen came up with an astonishing and most daring 3D printer that offers you not only a huge build area but also 8K resolution for highly precise 3D printing.
So now, you do not need to compromise on your quality for the production of large-size 3D models.
In addition, now you do not need to print multiple components of a large 3D model and then assemble them later. You can do it in one go.
The printer has broken the records of all commercial 3D printers. It uses a 15 inches monochrome LCD screen and 405 nm ParaLED light to cure the resin. It has a print space of 330 x 185 x 400 mm with an average speed of 70 mm/h.
The XY resolution is 43 um. It is compatible with Windows, Linux, and macOS X systems and uses ChiTu Box software for slicing.
The product is insane and costs $1599.99.
- It enables you to produce items that are of regular table size or as large as body armor.
- It is easy to set up as it comes fully assembled with a pre-calibrated build plate. Beginners find this feature appealing.
- The Z-axis has a dual linear rail and strong ball screw to easily print large parts without vibration
- The printer offers stability and reliability as it is made of a metal frame. This makes it stronger and offers sustainability for long-run usage.
- Large print space
- Exponential print quality
- Easy to use
- Stable Z axis
- Least reviewed
Phrozen offers a wide range of 3D printers. Not all suit your taste buds. It is important to look at the following factors before making a purchase decision.
3D Printers with high resolution enable printing with great details and high precision. If you are a professional, e.g. dentist or jewelry maker, you should choose among Phrozen 3D printers that offer at least 4K resolution for creating complex structures accurately.
Price of printer
It is one of the most important factors to be considered. It depends on your budget and how much you can invest to buy a 3D printer. If you have less than $200, do not worry! You can still buy a 3D printer by Wanhao.
Build Volume (width x breadth x height)
The larger the build volume, the bigger models you will be able to produce. If you want to produce large size parts, then you should consider a printer with a huge print space. Otherwise, you will have to produce different small parts of an object and assemble them later. This will impact your product’s quality.
The size of your model, the complexity of design, and the material used determine the speed of your 3D printer. However, you should look for one that prints fastly as it will save your production time.
LCD 3D printers using two panels and having a large build volume enable you to do batch production. This saves your production time and enables you to do prompt delivery.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Are Phrozen 3D printers worth buying?
Yes, it is a trustable company that offers reliable products with advanced features at affordable prices.
How can I purchase a Phrozen 3D printer?
You can purchase a Phrozen 3D printer directly from the manufacturer through its website or you can contact a dealer selling its products e.g. Amazon.
Are all resins compatible with LCD 3D printers?
No, all resins are not compatible with LCD 3D printers. It is always preferable to buy the resin from the manufacturer and luckily, Phrozen offers its own line of resins.
If you are buying from a third party, you should always check the datasheet provided by the resin manufacturer.
Which Slicer software should I use for the Phrozen 3D printer?
All Phrozen 3D printers are compatible with third-party software, ChiTuBox. It is available online free of cost. You can also use the proprietary software; however, it is only free for all Sonic series.
What is the return policy of Phrozen?
You can return the product within 14 days post-delivery. Though you can exchange it within 30 days from the date, you received it if there is any manufacturing issue/defect. The product should be not used and is in the same state as received with its original packaging.
Does Phrozen offer any warranty?
It offers a warranty for all products purchased via the official website under different conditions. Though there is a one-year warranty for all 3D printers except for a few components and consumables. These include LED light, LCD panel, and print bed.
There are many 3D printers offered by the Taiwanese company ‘Phrozen’. All of them have almost similar features and prices. Choosing a 3D printer that caters to all your needs might be challenging. By reading this guide, we hope you were able to choose one that best fits your 3D printing goals.