Starring an all-metal pulley system, Anet A8 is a popular DIY FDM 3D printer. The printer comes with an onboard LCD interface with five keys for straightforward operation. Also, the machine is compatible with a wide number of materials like ABS, PLA, Woodfill, Nylon, PVA, and others. Users can print parts with significant build volume up to 220 mm * 220 mm * 240 mm.
Anet A8 is a great opportunity for learning how to piece your 3D printer together and provides you with a sense of accomplishment after setting it up.
All of its components such as rods, gears, bearings as well as connectors are made from Stainless Steel thereby allowing for a more precise and smoother printing experience. Moreover, the printer manufacturer has a very active community that supports beginners via forums and Facebook groups.
- Affordable 3D printer.
- Can be upgraded.
- Provides an easy opportunity to learn FDM 3D printing.
- Appropriate print quality.
Specification: Anet A8 (Kit)
- Anet A8 makes up for a very affordable 3D printer kit.
- It is a capable 3D printer if compared with other 3D printers in the same price range.
- You can modify Anet A8 in the future.
- There are many enhancements available with Anet A8 in the future.
- The printer can provide you a great learning experience about FDM 3D printing.
- The assembly instructions of this printer lack luster.
- The user interface of this printer is not as smooth as others.
- Manual calibration is something that can be a pain.
- The printer is not aesthetically pleasing.