Coming fully enclosed with an actively heated chamber that can withstand up to 110 degrees Celsius, Makerbot Method Carbon Fiber Edition is capable of 3D printing with eccentric materials such as Makerbot PLA, PETG, TOUGH, ABS, PC-ABS, Nylon, Nylon-CF and ASA build materials, as well as PVA and SR-30. Also, the printer has an automated workflow integrated with CAD software that allows easy management of prints and provides immense design freedom. Method Carbon Fiber edition produces strong, heat-resistant parts capable of replacing metal parts put into application.
The printer’s new composite extruder consists of hardened metal drive gears, a metal filament switch, and an interchangeable hardened steel nozzle. Moreover, the Nylon Carbon Fiber material with which the machine prints, produces light in weight parts that find application in various industries.
- An efficiently heated chamber delivering strong manufacturing-grade parts.
- An open platform for advanced engineering materials.
- Automated workflow with CAD integration.
- Delivers high strength and heat resistant parts.
Specification: Makerbot METHOD Carbon Fiber Edition
- Automatic Z Calibration.
- Automatic Nozzle Calibration.
- Automatic Material Loading.
- Much of the printing system is completely automated thereby decreasing the overall inefficiency associated with the printer.
- The printer is also well integrated with the CAD software meaning that all the flaws in the design can already previously be viewed and disposed of at the correct moment.
- The printer has a closed chamber which would mean that manual cooling would be needed after the part is printed. This would in turn lead to an increase in overall print time needed for an object.