The market of 3D printers is full of manufacturers and suppliers. All of them excel in one thing or another. Those purchasing a desktop 3D printer are well acquainted with the name of Wanhao.
It is a Chinese-based manufacturer that has been competing since 2011. Its printers are greatly demanded by hobbyists and beginners due to their ease of use and better quality outputs.
The company is sustainable and innovative. Like many manufacturers, it also has been involved in technical evolution. From offering basic 3D printers to manufacturing sophisticated ones.
This article lists the top 3D printers from Wanhao in detail to help you select the right one.
Brief History of Wanhao 3D Printers
In 2011, the company ‘Wanhao’ was established by students in China. They used their pocket money to purchase one THING-O-MATIC from Makerbot.
With this 3D printer, they built its replicator with an advanced extruder and named it Duplicator One. This 1st Generation printer came into being on October 1st.
In June 2012, Wanhao came up with a 3D printer with an LCD screen known as Replicator Two. It doesn’t require any computer for 3D printing. A simple SD card could help you to upload the file and start 3D printing.
Wanhao gained experience from the local retail market for six months and excels in the manufacturing of 3D printing robots and after-sale services. With the great hard work of the Wanhao team, it started supplying 3D printers internationally in August 2012.
Based on previous experiences, they believed to provide the most up-to-date economical 3D printers and highly professional services to awesome people globally.
|Wanhao Duplicator D13||Dual Extruders||8.5|
|Wanhao Duplicator D12||Overall Best||8.5|
|Wanhao Duplicator D11||Best Resin 3D Printer||8.9|
|Wanhao Duplicator D10||Most Compact||7.9|
|Wanhao Duplicator D9||Dual side heated print bed||8.2|
|Wanhao Duplicator D8||Super Fast||8.6|
|Wanhao Duplicator 7 V1.5||Great Cooling System||8|
|Wanhao Duplicator 7 Plus||Precise||8.4|
|Wanhao Duplicator D6||Intuitive Software||7.9|
|Wanhao GR2||Environment Friendly||7.8|
|Wanhao Duplicator D5||Largest Print Space||7.6|
|Wanhao Duplicator D4||Multi Purpose||8.2|
|Wanhao i3 Plus||Best for Beginners||7|
List of Best Wanhao 3D Printers
Wanhao Duplicator D13
The most expensive 3D printer on our list is D13. It is a fully assembled beginner’s 3D printer based on FDM technology.
It has a large build volume of 310 x 210 x 230 mm with dual extruders. The maximum print speed is 150 mm/s.
The printer uses CURA software for slicing and its layer thickness varies from 50 to 400 microns. It is easy to set up and operate. It costs $708.
- It offers four different printing modes.
- It is best for batch production as it can mirror print.
- It is also compatible with soluble materials like PVA.
- You can print with two different colors and materials simultaneously.
- Large build volume
- 4 printing modes
- Independent extruders
Wanhao Duplicator D12
The latest launch by Wanhao is Duplicator 12. It was released in January 2021 and is available on the manufacturer’s website. It is based on Fused Deposition Modeling (FDM) technology for 3D printing and has a Cartesian XY head.
D12 has a 0.4mm Bowden nozzle with a maximum speed of 150 mm/s and a filament of 1.75mm in diameter. It is compatible with Cura, Simplify3D, and Repetier software for slicing. You can connect it either through Wi-Fi or an SD card.
Not every company gives you a choice to purchase a 3D printer either with single or dual extruders. However, Wanhao gives you this option when ordering D12.
The printer is available in four different build volumes (230 x 230 x 250 mm, 500 x 500 x 500 mm, 400 x 400 x 400 mm, and 300 x 300 x 400 mm). Based on the print area, they vary in price. However, it costs you approximately between $250 and $600.
- It is the most affordable quality 3D printer for home use. It is best for children’s learning and creativity.
- It is also great for beginners, as it is easy to set up and simple to use without any prior experience.
- You can remotely operate it with ease.
- The 5 inches touch screen offers a great user interface with new features such as the ‘preview model’.
- There is a presume option available that enables the user to continue 3D printing after power is on, even when there is a power failure. It saves time and material that enhance efficiency.
- You can use third-party filament. It is compatible with PLA, PETG, and all filaments that melt at or below 260 degrees.
- The flexible magnetic print bed enables you to easily remove the final output without damaging it.
- The filament sensor automatically indicates the use of a low level of filament during printing.
- You can easily use it in a small space without disturbing others due to its quiet operation.
- Easy to use
- Remote operation
- Presume Printing
- Third Party Filament
- Filament sensor
- Open frame. Risk of getting burned
- No auto bed leveling
- No cameras
- The filament sensor is located well away from the hot end. This gives room for the process to break after the sensor has already indicated filament runout.
Wanhao D11 CGR
Wanhao D11 is available in two different sizes. One has a maximum print area of 192 x 120 x 180 mm with a 4K 8.9 inches LCD screen.
It costs $545. Another one that is known as the D11 Mini has a build volume of 130.56 x 82.62 x 200 mm with a 2K 6.08 inches LCD screen. It costs $60 less than the bigger one.
Both of them are based on Digital Light Processing (DLP) technology for 3D printing and use a UV LED array with 90% optimal uniformity and 30% greater precision to cure the resin.
The printing speed lies between 10 to 60 mm/hr. They have tilted heads with UV-safe glass. Chitubox software is used for slicing. They support 405nm resin to create precise models.
- It is best for jewelry and dental applications.
- The built-in temperature monitoring system enables timely monitoring and provides warning notice.
- It helps to precisely print 3D models due to quick cooling of the layers via six silent cooling fans.
- The leveling monitor system automatically monitors the print bed levels before you start printing to avoid any failure.
- It helps to build color models quickly by increasing the printing speed by three times.
- The layer resolution is 3840 x 2400 pixels. It allows 3D printing with fine details and increases the life of the black and white screen by 2000h.
- A transparent lightweight PVC resin tank enables you to keep track of the resin usage.
- The slicing software is quite powerful and simple to operate. It supports 19 languages and offers quick model slicing and 8 times anti-aliasing for a smooth surface finish.
- The dual cooling fans enable heat dissipation that improves service life and reduces maintenance costs.
- Heat dissipation system
- Quiet operation
- Fast print speed
- 2000 hours screen lifespan
- Level monitoring system
- Difficult for beginners to interact with a large community for support
- No built-in cameras for remote monitoring
Wanhao Duplicator D10
Duplicator 10 is a completely different device from the Wanhao 3D printers’ line. It is simple with not many high-end features. It is easy to use and maintain. It comes fully assembled.
It looks like a cute little toy for kids but the first impression is quite misleading. Under its white plastic frame, there is metallic construction that offers stability and high-quality prints.
The printer has a small build volume of 116 x 116 x 125 mm with an MK12 single extruder. It is based on FDM technology for 3D printing models.
The layer thickness varies from 300 to 500 microns. Its maximum speed is 80 mm/sec and only supports PLA.
You can connect to it through a USB or SD card. It is compatible with Mac OS, Windows, and Linux. It uses Cura software for slicing.
D10 is priced at $199 only.
- It is mainly used by students, lecturers, and young researchers due to its affordability and simplicity.
- It is safe to be used around children as all moving elements, including the nozzle, are completely enclosed in a plastic frame. Thus, it reduces the risk of getting accidental burns upon a touch.
- The large color touch screen offers an intuitive user interface. It has large clear icons with easy-to-read fonts.
- The relief pattern on the magnetic print bed offers better first-layer adhesion and easy removal of final printed parts.
- It can fit easily on any table, as it is too compact.
- Quick replacement of nozzle
- Easy to operate
- Convenient touchscreen
- No auto bed leveling
- No heated print bed
- Small build volume
- No material options are available
- No Wi-Fi connectivity
Wanhao Duplicator D9
There are three printers in the Duplicator 9 series. D9 300 has the smallest build volume of 300 x 300 x 400 mm. D9 400 has a build volume of 400 x 400 x 400 mm and D9 500 has a print space of 500 x 500 x 500 mm. However, all of them offer advanced features that will amaze you.
The printer is based on FDM technology and has an aluminum frame that provides stability.
The recommended print speed is 30 mm/sec. However, it can also print at a speed of 60 mm/sec. The layer resolution lies between 100 and 400 microns. You can connect through a USB port or an SD card.
The price varies from $389 to $785 based on the size of the 3D printer.
- It is a great option for hobbyists, beginners, and home users. You can use it for learning or producing domestic parts.
- The Smart BL touch 2.0 sensor enables bed leveling accurately. It is also sensitive to non-ferrite material and easily recognizes precise distance on any solid. It enhances the printer’s efficiency.
- It is best for mass production as you can print another object immediately after the first by just swapping the sides of the print bed and using it interchangeably. The adhesion on both sides is exceptional.
- The RIB stabilized bars and single cable set offers stability during printing.
- You can also print with filament that has a melting point below 30 degrees due to the 0.4mm MK 10 hot metal print head.
- You can even change the bed leveling while the printing process is going on for greater accuracy.
- The printer also offers an intuitive touchscreen, four points bed leveling, and power recovery functions.
- Dual side heated print bed
- High precision sensor
- HD touchscreen
- Magnetic build plate
- User friendly
- Not easy to set up
- Warping issues
- Small build volume
Wanhao Duplicator D8
Like D11, Wanhao Duplicator D8 is also based on DLP technology for 3D printing. It is easy to operate and has great print quality and speed. The manufacturer has not only put a lot of effort to make it look good but also work hard to offer powerful features at a low price.
The printer has a build volume of 192 x 120 x 180 mm with a speed of 10 to 40 millimeters per hour. It uses a UV LED array with a wavelength of 405 nanometers and 90% optimal uniformity. The printer is enclosed inside a tilt hood with UV-safe glass.
There is a built-in temperature monitor system and six super silent cooling fans. A customized 2K HD screen allows you to control the machine with a 10% increased penetration rate and 80% increased contrast ratio. It uses Internal Wanhao Slicer software for slicing the model.
All these features are available at a price of $999 only.
- It caters to a wide range of users. These include beginners, hobbyists, students, lecturers, and professionals. There is a lot to learn and experiment with.
- It is great for printing mechanical parts, teeth, jewelry, and high-quality parts through powerful UV light.
- The inbuilt resin sensor is installed inside the resin tank and enables you to know the status of resin left inside the 3D printer. You can always fill up the tank before starting for a smooth and uninterrupted printing process.
- The temperature monitor system enables you to achieve the desired temperature and keep track of it throughout printing.
- You can print precise 3D geometrical patterns due to the presence of a spirit level that ensures the correct level of the print bed.
- The machine offers great efficiency through nine percent extra light penetration and powerful Wanhao software and mechanical system.
- The printer has a transparent window that enables you to keep track of the resin as well as the printing process.
- Build-in monitor
- Aviation grade aluminum alloy frame
- Six silent cooling fans
- High power UV LED
- Excellent quality
- No built-in camera for remote monitoring
Wanhao Duplicator D7 V1.5
Since the launch of Wanhao Duplicator D7 V1.5 in 2017, it has shaken the 3D printers market. No one could ever imagine a DLP 3D printer under $500. Thus, it gave great competition to other similar 3D printers and captured the interests of a lot of users. It is powerful, versatile, and worth every penny.
Compared to FDM 3D printers, it can print parts and functional prototypes more precisely and accurately. It has a layer resolution of 35 to 100 microns and 30 mm/h speed. The build area is 121 x 68.5 x 180 mm.
The printer is enclosed inside black steel with red trims. It looks stylish and semi-professional. The XY accuracy is 0.001 mm and Z is 0.004 mm. It weighs around 11 kg.
The user can access it either via connecting it through a computer or by purchasing a D7 nano box that costs $150 additionally. The nano box enables you to control the printer and supports file transfer by a USB drive.
The printer is priced at $339 with a one-year warranty.
- It is great for hobbyists and home users. You can print toys, miniatures, and figurines with fine details and a smooth surface finish.
- You can also use third-party resin to create 3D models.
- The machine is compatible with a wide range of software. This allows you to access various advanced features.
- Compatible with a wide range of resins
- Fine details
- Smooth surface finish
- One year warranty
- No touch screen for intuitive user interface
- Relatively small build volume
Wanhao Duplicator D7 Plus
Wanhao Duplicator D7 Plus is the advanced version of D7 V1.5. It is almost similar to its predecessors except for a few updated features.
As the name suggests, D7 Plus has a relatively larger build volume and weighs more. It has a 5.5 inches touch screen for an intuitive user interface.
It is fast and more precise. Moreover, it has triple cooling fans to prevent the machine from getting overheated. The XY accuracy is 0.075 mm and Z-axis accuracy ranges from 0.035 to 0.1 mm.
You just have to pay $100 more than D7 V1.5 to get hands-on on these updated features. Which is not a bad deal!
- It mainly targets semi-professionals and professional manufacturers.
- It is best for dental and jewelers who want to create highly detailed parts and functional prototypes.
- The machine is compatible with third-party software.
- You can innovate without any limits.
- Relatively large build area
- Highly precise
- 2K LCD screen
- Better cooling system
- Issues with LCD screen
- Weak cooling fans
Wanhao Duplicator D6
Wanhao Duplicator D6 was launched in two different sizes. One has a build area of 20 x 20 x 17.5cm and D6 Plus has a print space of 20 x 20 x 18 cm.
They have an enclosed print chamber with an aluminum frame that offers stability and minimizes vibration during printing. There is a door, top cover, and transparent side panels.
The printers are based on FDM technology and have six different sizes of nozzles with print speeds ranging from 30 to 300 mm/s.
They use Cura and Simplify 3D software for slicing and are compatible with Windows, Mac OS, and Linux. You can connect it with a USB or an SD card. The minimum layer height is 20 microns.
D6 Plus motherboard is upgraded with 20 pins corrector, whereas, D6 has only six pins. The print head fan is mounted onto the heat sink to avoid warping and improve the cooling system. Moreover, the print head has a responsive platform touch sensor.
D6 costs $499 whereas; D6 Plus is priced at $549.
- You can choose from a wide range of materials due to the enclosed chamber and heated print bed. These include PLA, ABS, HIPS, and PVA, etc.
- It is applicable for household, advertisement, educational, design, and industrial purposes.
- You can produce toys, decorations, parts, and functional prototypes.
- The stop/resume feature helps to deal with power failures and avoid any print losses.
- Accurate and precise
- Intuitive Software
- Large online community
- Faster than other FDM 3D printers
- Resume feature
- Unreliable mounting of extruder stub
- Issues with bed leveling sensor
- No built-in camera
GR 2 is the successor of D6 Plus. There are a few differences between them. However, they cost the same.
GR 2 is a modern sleek 3D printer with advanced features like remote control, a built-in camera, and an air filter. It has a pre-leveled bed with a build volume of 20 x 20 x 17.5 cm.
The maximum speed is 100 mm/s with a layer height that ranges from 0.1 to 0.4 mm. It is compatible with both Cura and Simplify 3D software.
You can connect with it through Wi-Fi, SD card, WLAN, or a USB port. It also comes with a 2 GB internal memory.
- It is great for professional use.
- The 6mm thick, aluminum build bed offers great thermal conductivity. It is covered with a black sheet that enables the model to stick to the plate and when the print is completed, it allows easy removal.
- It enables remote monitoring through Wi-Fi connectivity and a 2K built-in camera.
- You can also remotely operate the printer through an app.
- The MK11 full metal extruder enables you to print with a wide range of filaments. It has a dual drive gear that ensures the steady and even flows of the material.
- The large LCD touch screen with a stylus pen offers a great user interface.
- Pre leveled built plate
- Large touch screen with stylus pen
- Air filter
- 2K camera
- Control with an app
- Heated print bed
- Relatively small build volume
Wanhao Duplicator 5S
D5S is the largest desktop 3D printer on our list today. It is based on FDM technology and is constructed with a special Bowden extruder that offers high accuracy and fast printing speed. It has long-life-bearing components.
The printer has a build volume of 305 x 205 x 390 mm with a single nozzle of 0.4 mm. The minimum layer resolution is 20 microns and print speed of up to 150 mm/s.
You can connect it through an SD card or a USB. It uses Wanhao IMaker software for slicing and is compatible with Windows, Linux, and Mac OS.
- It is greatly demanded by professionals. These include architects, model builders, and designers.
- The built-in cooling system improves extrusion layering and minimizes warping.
- It is easy to operate, as there are end/stop switches, custom rotary dial, touch screen, and motor shield.
- You can 3D print with ABS and PLA.
- Fully assembled
- Large print space
- Cooling fans
- Better controlling system
- No heated build plate
- Open frame
Wanhao Duplicator 4
Wanhao Duplicator 4 is a simple FDM 3D printer with dual extruders. It has a number of great features that you cannot find in other similar 3D printers.
Its extruders are designed after careful considerations and past experiences. They are small, light, and fast.
The printer has a build volume of 320 x 466 x 382 mm with a 0.4 mm nozzle and 40mm/s speed. The layer resolution varies from 0.1 to 0.5 mm. The XY accuracy is 11 microns and Z is 2.5 microns.
You can connect through an SD card or USB port. It uses ReplicatorG software for slicing that supports both English and Chinese languages. It is compatible with Windows 7, Linux, Vista, Mac, and XP.
The printer costs $399.
- It is best for beginners and those willing to learn 3D printing.
- The auto-calibration minimizes human interaction and offers greater accuracy.
- It allows you to print with two different colors or materials due to dual extruders.
- It is also great for mass production as it can easily duplicate a part or prototype at the same time.
- The high-strength metallic frame offers stability and minimizes vibration to a great extent.
- Enclosed chamber
- Large build volume
- Sturdy frame
- Aesthetically pleasing
- Mirror 3D printing
- Little noisier
Wanhao i3 Plus
Wanhao i3 is based on FDM technology. There are many variants of it. We will focus on i3 Plus. It has an open frame that allows the creation of large models.
The frame is made from hard steel that offers stability. It has an MK10 extruder with a full metallic hot end.
The printer has a print space of 200 x 200 x 180 mm with a speed of 70mm/s. The XY accuracy is 0.012 whereas the Z-axis accuracy is 0.004mm. It is compatible with Cura, Repetier, and Simplify3D software for slicing. You can connect through a USB or SD card.
The printer costs $339.
- It is best for people who are thinking of stepping into the world of 3D printing as it is simple to operate and easy to use.
- The touch screen enables you to control the printer.
- MK10 extruder enables you to easily load and unload the filament and offers smooth extruding. It is quite reliable.
- You do not need to do calibration due to the auto bed leveling feature and high precision sensor.
- The resume printing feature enables you to deal with power failure and continue printing when power is on.
- Auto bed leveling
- Better cooling fan
- MK10 extruder
- Intuitive user interface
- Easy to use
- Open frame
- Average quality printing
Wanhao offers a wide range of 3D printers. Not all suit your taste buds. It is important to look at the following factors before making a purchase decision.
3D Printing Technology
Wanhao has launched both DLP and FDM technology-based 3D printers. You should determine what you want to 3D print then evaluate these technologies to determine the one that best suits your needs.
DLP is faster and more precise than FDM. However, these printers have small build volumes as compared to FDM 3D printers.
Kit or fully assembled Machine
If you are a beginner and have no experience, it is better to buy a pre-assembled 3D printer. However, if you are too ambitious and have a limited budget, then buy a DIY kit as it is cost-saving and there is a lot to learn.
Enclosed or Open Frame
If you are a beginner or want to use it with kids around, it is best to use a printer that has a closed frame design.
Enclosed chambers are safer because you do not accidentally touch the heated plate or hot-ends and get burned. However, Open frames are great for learning as it allows you to view the whole printing process clearly.
Price of printer
It is one of the most important factors to be considered. It depends on your budget and how much you can invest to buy a 3D printer. If you have less than $200, do not worry! You can still buy a 3D printer by Wanhao.
Build Volume (width x length x height)
The larger the build volume, the bigger models you will be able to produce. If you want to produce large size parts, then you should consider a printer with a huge build space. Otherwise, you will have to produce different small parts of an object and assemble them later. This will impact your product’s quality.
The size of your model, printing technology, the complexity of design, and the material used determine the speed of your 3D printer. However, you should look for one that prints fastly as it will save your production time.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How can I buy a Wanhao 3D printer?
You can buy a Wanhao 3D printer directly from the manufacturer through its website or you can contact a dealer selling its products.
How is Wanhao after purchasing services?
Wanhao excels in customer service. It has a designated team that offers lifetime technical support to its customers. They help to set up and diagnose small issues.
Are Wanhao 3D printers worth buying?
Yes, it is a trustable company that offers reliable products with advanced features at very affordable prices.
Do I have to pay shipping charges?
No, Wanhao ships all their products for free to almost all countries except for a few.
What if I receive a faulty or damaged product or incomplete order?
Don’t worry if you receive a faulty or incomplete order. You should immediately note it down and email it to the company. The company will take care of it and arrange for the replacement parts.
There are many 3D printers offered by the Chinese company ‘Wanhao’. All of them have almost similar features and prices.
Choosing a 3D printer that caters to all your needs might be challenging. By reading this guide, we hope you were able to choose one that best fits your 3D printing goals.