With the recent advancements in technology, 3D printing has come about as one of the most useful technological tools. 3D printing allows people to design and print unique and complex structures with high precision. It is useful in numerous industries, including medicine, dentistry, décor, ceramics, and much more.
If you are interested in 3D printing but are worried that you might not get the hang of it, you need to get 3D printers that are easy to use and are beginner-friendly.
These printers feature technology that is assistive and allows you to operate them easily. With 3D printers, you don’t need to worry about operating one. Many devices even come with automated features to allow for easy operation, allowing novices to print objects in 3D.
With all this in mind, this article lists the best and easiest 3D printers for first-timers and beginners. Our experts tried and tested these printers.
What Is 3D Printing And How Does It Work?
3D printing uses additive manufacturing for creating three-dimensional solid models using a digital model. The process uses various additive technologies where the printer prints out the model layer by layer. This ensures detail as each of these layers can be viewed as a cross-section of the model.
3D printing allows people to work up numerous shapes and designs. People can experiment with all sorts of figures, as with 3D printing, the sky is the limit. With 3D printing, you can create complex shapes using various types of materials.
The post-printing process involves the removal of the support structure as well as washing and heat-treating the part. Once this is done, a user can sand the model and then use it accordingly.
What Are The Benefits Of 3D Printing?
There are many advantages when it comes to 3D printing.
One benefit of 3D printing is that there is no restriction when it comes to design or shape. As long as your printer accommodates it, you can print anything.
From simple designs to highly complex and intricate geometries, 3D printing accommodates all. With 3D printing, you can work with different kinds of materials to produce a variety of products, at high speed and precision.
Another benefit of 3D printing is that it allows you to produce models at a lower cost. Using cheap materials, the printer can make exact replicas of your desired product. While doing so, the printing ensures high quality.
With so many benefits of 3D printing, most people are now investing in 3D printers. If you are a beginner, this guide will help you find easy 3D printers.
|FlashForge Finder||Editor’s Choice||9.8|
|Qidi Tech X-Pro||Extraordinarily Efficient||9.7|
|Monoprice Select Mini V2||Impressive Pick||9.5|
|XYZprinting da Vinci Nano||Highly Reliable||9.4|
|Tiertime Up Mini 2||High-quality Performance||9.2|
|Formlabs FORM 2||Beginner-friendly||9.1|
|Longer LK5 Pro||Extremely Office Friendly||9|
|Ultimaker 3||Most Advanced||8.9|
|Lulzbot Mini||Incredibly Productive||8.8|
|Anycubic Mega Zero 2.0||Most Functional||8.7|
List of Easiest 3D Printers
Made for first-timers and beginners, the FlashForge Finder is an easy-to-use 3D printer. The printer offers some of the best features that make it ideal for those using a 3D printer for the first time.
The printer comes fully assembled so that it is easy to set up. As soon as you get it, you can start using the printer. The printer comes with a substantial build area of 140 × 140 × 140 mm (HWD), which makes it ideal for home use.
Flash Forge Finder comes with assisted leveling and helps you avoid the trouble of manually calibrating the printer itself. The leveling can be done by tightening to loosening the screw, which is easy for any novice.
The printer can detect the distance between the nozzle and the build plate. This feature helps with the verification of the settings to an optimum.
The printer is user-friendly with features such as real-time monitoring of the printing process. You can also connect the printer to multiple devices using Ethernet, USB cable, or Wi-Fi.
The printer has a user-friendly interface with a full-color touchscreen that makes it easy for any beginner to change and customize the settings.
Apart from its user-friendly features, the printer offers high print quality at high printing speed.
- Ideal for use at home
- Can be used to manufacture household items, such as decoration pieces or spare parts
- Offers fast operation at a lower cost
- Affordable printer
- Safe and easy to operate
- Does not have a heated build plate
Qidi Tech X-Pro
When it comes to easy 3D printers, Qidi Tech X-Pro is a leading name. This desktop 3D printer is an FDM printer that has a dual extruder. The printer comes with a sufficient build volume that is around 230 mm × 150 mm × 150 mm.
The printer also has a beautiful exterior that is solid and sturdy. It has an enclosed chamber that helps keep the harmful gases inside as well as maintaining a consistent temperature while printing.
The Qidi Tech X-Pro printer delivers highly precise print quality. It can print with different types of material. It can also support third-party materials. This allows for a wide variety of models.
The printer also has a noiseless turbofan with a cooling function. With an aluminum build platform, the printer can reach up to 120oC.
The printer comes with a removable metal plate that is convenient to remove after use. The printer has an upgraded 4.3” touch screen, which makes customizing the settings easy and user-friendly.
- Ideal for engineering industries due to its high quality and reliable printing
- Can be used at home by hobbyists and beginners
- Dual Extruders and multiple material supports allows you to be creative while printing
- Offers fast production
- Stable printing
- Easy and noiseless operation
- The bed adhesion needs to be improved
Monoprice Select Mini V2
Rich in user-friendly features, Monoprice Select Mini offers the best and the easiest 3D printing experience for manufacturing parts and functional models.
If you are not patient enough to set up a printer, this fully assembled printer is ideal for you. With an open frame design, this printer allows for easy monitoring during the printing process.
The printer comprises multiple features that are simple and easy to use for newbies to 3D printing.
Monoprice Select Mini offers a wide range of compatibility with various filament types. This allows the user to print out creative models.
Making printing as simple as possible, the printer is capable of high-quality printing at a high speed.
- A reliable option for home and office use
- Can be used for customized spare parts as well
- Offers a decent build volume of 120 mm × 120 mm × 120 mm
- Printing speed can go up to 55 mm/s
- It comes completely assembled
- Requires improvement for its manual calibration feature
XYZprinting da Vinci Nano
Known for creating high-quality, complex internal geometries and impossible designs, XYZ printing da Vinci Nano is one of the best easy 3D printers.
Designed as a desktop printer, the Nano comes with multiple features that make it beginner-friendly. This machine is small and compact, which makes it easy to handle. You can shift the machine easily due to being lightweight.
XYZprinting da Vinci Nano comes with an advanced design that features an enclosed chamber. The enclosed chamber keeps the harmful printing fumes inside while making it safe for use.
The chamber also helps maintain a consistent temperature, which allows for consistent printing. The enclosure also protects the machine against dust or any other outside particle.
The 3D printer has a glass bed, which maintains temperature and ensures high-quality printing. The glass bed also allows for easy removal of the model after the printing process is complete.
This machine offers ease of working for all users as you can connect it to multiple devices using Wi-Fi or USB cables.
- The machine has remarkable accuracy and smooth finish, which allows you to print high-quality models
- Ideal for home use
- Can also be used in offices or small-scale businesses
- Speedy operation
- Compatible with various software including Mac, Windows, and so on
- The printer is not compatible with third party materials
Tiertime Up Mini 2
If you are a first-timer looking for an easy 3D printer that also produces superb quality output, the Tiertime Up Mini 2 is your best option.
Offering high-tech features in a sleek and polished body, Mini 2 is one of the simplest printers. The printer is extremely simple to use and easy to operate due to its touchscreen controls.
The user-friendly interface allows you to customize the settings accordingly. The printer also comes in with some built-in design models that you can print right away.
The printer comes fully assembled and offers a plug and use function. The printer also has an enclosed design, which makes it safe for use within small spaces. It also has a noiseless operation.
- This printer is suitable to print a wide range and shape of models
- There is no limitation to creativity with this 3D printer
- With high printing speed, the printer offers improved productivity
- Practical and compact design
- Ensures error-free creation of models
- Wide compatibility with different devices over the Internet
- Not suitable for large-scale parts
- Expensive option for beginners
Formlabs FORM 2
Manufactured by Formlabs, Form 2 is an easy 3D printer. This printer offers premium features that are ideal for any beginner. This printer is a resin-based 3D printer that offers high-quality SLA prints.
If you want effective and efficient 3D printing, you should definitely consider this 3D printer. This enclosed design printer is safe to use.
The Form 2 printer offers a high-speed printer that is error-free. With fast printing, the printer also ensures that the quality of the print is not compromised.
The printer uses lasers to solidify the resin at a faster speed to increase efficiency. The printer also offers high precision and accurate designs for your 3D models. The printer has a small footprint as it ensures that leftover resin does not go to waste but you can reuse it.
The automatic tray wiper feature cleans the tray after the printing is complete and collects the leftover resin for further use.
Form 2 has easy controls, which is great if you are new to 3D printing. The touchscreen allows you to work with your designs and customize them in any way that you like.
This printer offers a 50-micron layer height for high resolution while also offering a large build volume of 300 mm x 220 mm x 180 mm.
- Uses easy to use software, which allows for easy slicing of the models
- Ideal for use at home or for your small scale businesses
- Comes fully assembled
- Boats a compact footprint
- Can connect to various devices over the Internet
- Small printing bed
- Printing bed requires manual adjustments
Longer LK5 Pro
The Longer LK5 Pro comes with the revolutionized capabilities and unique technology, which makes this machine an easy 3D printer.
The printer comes 90% assembled, which ensures that you can use it immediately after delivery. The printer has a huge build volume of 300 mm x 300 mm x 400 mm that enables it to produce large-scale models or even use it for mass production.
The machine has a solid and sturdy build due to its triangular form. It remains more stable during the printing process. The stable structure allows for more precise and accurate printing.
The printer also features a lattice glass finish bed, which allows for easy removal of the model after printing.
The LK5 Pro has an extruder that can go up to 280oC, allowing it to work with various high-temperature materials.
The printer also has a feature that prevents clogging in its nozzle, so that it can offer reliable printing.
- The printer comes with pre-installed software, which makes it easy for printing
- Can be used for large scale production
- In terms of size, the printer takes up limited space
- Noiseless function
- Simple operation
- Not well known in the market
If you are a newbie who is hoping to start 3D printing, look no further. The Ultimaker 3 is an easy 3D printer that is ideal for beginners to use. Offering premium features, the printer is a top choice for many.
The printer has a unique feature, i.e. dual extruder. The duality of the extruder allows the printer to utilize two printer materials simultaneously. You can use this to create a wide variety of models and prototypes.
The Ultimaker 3 comes fully assembled allowing for a plug and print function. You can also connect the printer to multiple devices over the Internet or by using a USB cable. This allows for remote operation of the machine.
The printer offers high performance and consistent results during printing. Due to its sturdy and solid build, the printer remains stable during the process, allowing for error-free printing.
This easy-to-use 3D printer offers optimal performance, making it ideal for first-timers.
- Features advanced printing technology that makes it possible to produce intricate designs
- Driven by powerful software that allows for design optimization
- Ensures support free prints
- Printing cores can be swapped easily
- Spool positioning needs to be improved
LulzBot Mini is a high-performance 3D printer that is easy to use and is beginner-friendly. If you are just starting with 3D printing, this machine offers you ideal features that make it an easy 3D printer.
The machine comes fully assembled so that you use it as soon as you get it. The printer also has pre-installed software, which is simple and easy to use.
While the machine is easy to use, it does not compromise on its features. The LulzBot Mini comes with industrial-strength that allows it to print high-quality models at high speed.
The machine has an open filament feature that supports third-party materials.
The printer has an extruder that can heat up to 300oC, making it workable with different kinds of filaments. Using FDM technology, the printer allows you to print countless models in complex designs.
- The auto beam calibration makes it ideal for delicate and bulky geometries
- Ideal for professional use
- Consistent and accurate printing
- Offers a large build volume with faster speed
- Simple process makes it user-friendly
- The printer is on a pricier side
Anycubic Mega Zero 2.0
If you are looking for a budget-friendly, easy 3D printer, the Anycubic Mega Zero 2.0 is your best option. Offering reliable printing, this model comes with an all-metal exterior.
The open-frame design allows for easy monitoring. The printer also has a magnetic heat printing bed that allows for easy removal of the model after the printing process is complete.
The Mega Zero 2.0 is an upgradeable printer and hence does not require replacement over time.
- This 3D printer caters to all sizes of printing
- Can be used to print household items
- Features a large and highly responsive touchscreen interface with user-friendly controls, which makes it easy to control and operate
- No support structures required
- Offers high-resolution printing
- Safe and simple process
- Uses only a precise amount of material
- Does not come fully assembled
Buying a 3D printer can be a huge investment, which is why you need to make the right decision when it comes to its features and functions.
Some of the most basic questions that you would want to ask yourself before buying an easy 3D printer involves the following:
- What do I want to print?
- Are speed and volume important to me?
Before investing in a 3D printer, it is important to keep the following things in mind:
- Accuracy and Print Quality: Print quality is a key feature that you should never compromise on. Always look for the printer’s features and technology and see what works best for you.
- Ease of Use: As a beginner, your 3D printer should be easy to use and user-friendly. The machine should have features that allow you to print your parts with ease. Moreover, a user-friendly interface that guides the user through every step can be helpful. Many 3D printers now offer touchscreen interfaces to allow for easy customization.
- Size: 3D printers come in various shapes and sizes. If you are a beginner working in a small space, go for a smaller machine. However, if you require a 3D printer for industrial use, carefully go through the machine specifications and get a large printer that best suits your needs.
- Printer Design: When it comes to 3D printers, you will find either open frame designs or enclosed ones. Open frame designs are relatively cheaper and allow for easy monitoring. However, they fail to maintain the environment and temperature during printing. They also result in harmful fumes releasing into the room. Get an open frame design only if your room has adequate ventilation. On the other hand, enclosed designs are expensive but they offer protection against the harmful fumes released during the printing process.
- Printing Speed: A key factor to consider when buying a printer is printing speed. A fast 3D printer is one that delivers high-speed printing without compromising the quality of the print. The printer should also be able to print error-free models.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQS)
What Materials Can Be Used In 3D Printing?
3D printers use diverse materials. 3D printing is flexible and allows you to work with any material while customizing the shape and texture of the product. You can use printing materials, such as filaments, resins, plastic, ABS, ceramic, metal, and more. Every printer has different compatibility for each material.
Is There Any Limitation To What Shapes A 3D Printer Can Print?
If not restricted by the size and features of your 3D printer, the options for printing are limitless. A 3D printer allows you to explore your creative side and let your imagination run wild while printing.
Some 3D printers even come in with built-in designs that you can use to create basic models. You can even upgrade these designs by customizing the settings.
Using different software, you can even create your own models. Therefore, when it comes to 3D printing, the sky is the limit.
Are 3D Printers Pricey?
The cost of a 3D printer depends on the company and the features that the printer offers. There are printers that can go up to thousands of dollars as they offer advanced features.
However, there are also many affordable options in the market as well. These printers include cost-effective features, making them more affordable for beginners and first-timers.
Are 3D Printed Parts more reliable than Traditionally Manufactured Models?
Reliability depends upon the environment and the type of technology that you are using to 3D print your models.
However, generally, models that are 3D printed are just as strong as the ones produced through traditional methods. In fact, in the case of some 3D printers, the models are much stronger and reliable.
In recent years, 3D printing has been one of the most outstanding developments in the printing industry. This article highlights many useful printers that you can use for 3D printing. All mentioned printers are ideal for use, especially if you are using them for the first time.